09 September 2013

[meal planning :: Week Two.]

So - last week went off without a hitch.  MAN - for me??  Having a planned meal schedule gave me the gift of time.  No panicking.  And - the kids loved going to the fridge and see what they were getting in their lunchbox or what was for supper that night.

Worked like a charm.

How do I do it?  Well ... on Saturday night, I start the plan.  After church on Sunday, I go over it with my hubby and then I head off to do the grocery shop.   By 1pm on Sunday, I'm all done and if I need to do an additional produce shop, I do it right by my children's school.  So great.

This week?  Well - a little less adventurous in the kitchen, unfortunately.  My hubby will be away on business two nights this week, and next week - four.  That makes meal planning tricky, because he's the "eater" in the family ... not my 4yr old little girl *grin*.

Ah well ... maybe the week after that I can try Homemade Ricotta Gnochhi ... a recipe I can't WAIT to surprise him with ...  

On a side note - I set the alarm early this morning (before anyone in the house was up ... ) and went for a 3.5km run.  Showered.  So after I dropped the kids off at school, I could actually DO something ... instead of just using that time to get ready ... brilliant.  My plan is to do that Mon/Wed/Fri ... three runs a week so I can use the time while Katia's at preschool to actually get something accomplished.

That's manageable, no?

Well.  Until it rains LOL.

And I also wanted to say that I've had a "lightbulb" moment this weekend ... I realized how much RHP I do, and it needs to be balanced.  I work, literally, 7 days a week late into the night - and that's just plain wrong.  So.  I've decided to protect two days a week where I do NOT work, and be IN BED by 11pm every week night ... so I can get up and be healthy in the morning.  I actually feel a sense of relief from this epiphany.   Again - just trying to do better and be wise with the time God has given me. 

Ok - enough ... here's this week's meal plan.

MONDAY

B ::  baked crescent rolls with nutella (don't judge me ... LOL)
L ::  ham and cheese buns, pretzels, grapes
D :: sticky baked chicken, baked yams, steamed broccoli

TUESDAY

B :: hard boiled eggs and buttered toast (I do the eggs the night before)
L :: Mac N Cheese (made the night before), cucumbers and ranch dip, apple sauce
D :: spaghetti and sauce, caesar salad, ice cream for dessert

WEDNESDAY

B :: cinnamon toast
L ::  pizza pinwheels, apple slices, carrots and dip, pretzels
D ::  Tex-Mex Wraps (hamburger, black beans, avocado, tomatoes, cheese)

THURSDAY

B :: pancakes and maple syrup
L :: cheese quesadilla, apple sauce, snicker doodle cookies
D ::  Thai Peanut Noodles,  jello for dessert *smile*

FRIDAY

B :: Land Of Nod Cinnamon Buns
L :: Applesauce muffins, carrots and dip, fruit snacks
D :: Chicken and egg-drop soup

Have a great one!

No comments: