02 February 2012

[make: Apricot Ginger Chicken.]

** written on Tuesday ... obviously *wink* **

It's Tuesday.  I like Tuesdays.  It usually means there's fresh produce in the house, my hubby doesn't have hockey, and we don't have to rush anywhere ...

On Tuesdays I actually enjoy cooking - and it's usually the night that I put the most effort into during the week.   My hubby really likes this one, and so I thought that I'd delay in getting to my photo-editing for the night, and share with you tonight's recipes.  

I like to call it "Apricot Ginger Chicken".

If you're like me, you follow Pinterest.  It's a cool way to see what people are into - and recipes are no exception.  I saw a recipe for an apricot chicken ... and then I found another and another.  After some humming and hawing, I came up with my own version.

I've made it 3x now ... and it is a massive hit around here.  (This is NOT my image ... but it kinda looks like this when it's done *grin*)


Apricot Ginger Chicken

1 cup apricot jam
1 tbsp soya sauce
1 tbsp grated fresh ginger
4 chicken breasts

Directions:  

- Preheat the oven to 325, prepare a 9x9 baking dish lined with foil.
- Combine the jam, soya sauce and ginger.  
- Arrange the chicken and pour over prepared mixture, being sure to lift up the chicken and let the mixture coat the bottom.
- Cover with foil.
- Bake for 1hour.

It's fall-off-a-log easy, and yummy enough to serve for company (which I have - including my parents).  Tonight I served it with steamed broccoli and jasmine rice (cooked in coconut milk - amazing.)

Let me know if you try this, and how it worked for you :-).

Have a great one!

2 comments:

Shawna said...

LOVE this --- and can say I've had it and it is phenom! The MR couldn't stop talking about it ;)

Thanks for posting it...it's going to be dinner tonight :D

Tawn said...

:)))))) sooo??