13 October 2011

[talk: Thanksgiving.]

I love Thanksgiving.  First off, fall is my absolute favourite time of year - as it is to most people I know.  The leaves changing colour, the crisp mornings, the pumpkins, jeans and hoodies, chai tea lattes ... I love it all.

We had Canadian Thanksgiving this past weekend ... and My bro-in-law and his lovely fiance hosted the whole Italian family over.  It was scrumptious ... 


Katia has JUST started letting me put her hair in a ponytail.  Now, of course, it's all she wants.  That and her sparkly converse shoes ... I'm tempted to get a pair myself *wink* ... 



I am so thankful for my hubby's family.  I know that there are so many who have strained relationships with their in-laws perhaps due to divorces, deaths or just because they do things differently.  But I have grown to love this family so much ... after all, it's been 13years, so that's a good thing *grin*.



Suzanne made a fantastic meal ... poor girl started preparing the day before - but it was so worth it.  She made a couple of YUMMY salads, a brocolli casserole, mashed potatoes, garlic bread ... and the turkey?  Wrapped in bacon, cooked in Sage wine and delicious!!


 ... a self portrait and you can see that I am desperate for a haircut.  My hair grows waaaaay too fast.



 We laughed and chatted ... it was a perfect way to just be together .. 



 And at the end of the evening, Mattias asked if he could tell us all what he was thankful for.  "I'm thankful for everything ... but nothing bad,"  he said.  Where does he come up with this stuff??



Another wonderful evening spent with my hubby's family ... My folks are in Europe right now, so we will be celebrating all together when they get back.  It actually makes things really simple when you're not having to pick and choose who you're going to be with on which day.  And I can't wait ... 

More turkey *grin*.

Have a great one!

No comments: