18 July 2011

[talk: Grey.]

Well.  WIth the risk of sounding like a broken record ... this weather bites.  If you read anyone's blog from the West Coast, I'm sure they're saying the same thing.   It seems we've declared summer to officially start in August.  I sure hope so ... 

With three kids in the house, when all they want to do is run and play outside - it's a tad frustrating.  There is only so much playdough, puzzles, movie watching, fort building, cookie making that you can do.  Play-dates are good - but I think most moms are feeling the same "cooped up" syndrome and are too suffocated to add more children to the mix *grin*.

We are heading to Phoenix at the end of August ... so at least I know there will be sunshine in our future.  And right now, it's in the low 40Cs there.  Ooooh ... to have the heat on my skin (excuse me while I drift off for a moment ...).

BUT.

The truth and reality is that I need to get back on track.  This weather has actually made me pull out my fall clothes, and I think I've completely forgotten that it IS actually summer ... but there's no pressure to wear cute summer clothes in this weather - which is actually a bit of a problem.

I don't know about you - but when I'm feeling grey, I cook - I eat.  And I still workout, but not as much as I should.  And so, the pounds start creeping up again.  I'm up.  Like, 5lbs up.  BOO.  But it's another day, another week, another chance to make better choices instead of stuffing my face with sugar hoping it'll make me feel better *grin*.

This week I also get the "bumps" taken off of my teeth!!  I've completed my Invisiline, for like, the third time - but I'm hoping that I'm REALLY done this time.  Knowing my orthodontist, I will probably have another set to go ... more moulds, more trays, more time.  We'll see.  I'm hoping that I'll just get my final "retainer" tray and be done with it.  I've had notches on my teeth for almost 3 years now ... 

The kids start swimming lessons this week.  Outside.  In the rain ... ok.  Next topic *grin*...   I've been songwriting ... maybe I'll be brave and post a clip or something ... 

Well ... I have a newborn post up at my RHP site HERE.  Here's a preview ... 


Please feel free to stop by, and drop off a comment if you like.  

Ok.  Have a great one, wherever you are, whatever you're doing, whatever you're planning on doing ...  for me?  When Katia goes down for her nap, I'll be doing the 50min Jillian workout and then ... cleaning out the fridge/freezer and pantry.  If I'm going to be inside, I might as well make it worth it ...

Have a great one!

No comments: