11 May 2011

[talk: Cyber Marriage.]

I've been on Crackbook, um - I mean Facebook, for a few years now.  I love it.  Yup ... I'm one of those people who updates frequently, reads her wall regularly, grabs a cup of coffee and goes through photo albums of friends and family.

Well.

I used to ... 

In the last year or so, I've mainly used FB to promote RedHanded Photography.  That is NOT to say that I don't do my daily personal routine as well ... but FB has a bigger purpose for me now.  I definitely get some slack about having too many friends, no privacy, blah blah blah.  But you would be AMAZED at how many clients I get from FB ... in fact, I would venture to say that a good 75% of my business comes from FB.

And it's free.

Whoo hoo.

I love FB and my hubby hates it.  I mean, he mocks it - he acts like it's the most ridiculous waste of time ... and then he joined.  I just about fell outta my chair.  And he's been raging against the machine and started off with only one FB friend (how's that for social networking??) ... then he moved to the eight guys that he has now.  Eight friends ... and about 300+ people waiting in purgatory for him to accept their friend's request.

He knows how much that irritates me *eye rolling* ... he's amused.

Yesterday he sent me a "friend request".  And honestly, I hung my head.  UGH.  He is now going to tease me about everything I do on there *shaking my head* ... But how do I deny my hubby a friend acceptance??  And then - as if that weren't enough - we connected our accounts in holy matrimony ... *insert smacking my head with the palm of my hand ... here*.  

Before we did this, I said, "Hubby - are you SURE you want to do this??  We can't change this.  If you decide to close your account, all 900+ of my friends are going to get a "Tawn and hubby are no longer married" wall post ... "  (he has no idea how FB works ...).  It would be a beautiful way to start a vicious rumour ... but somehow I wonder if that's his whole plan *laughing* ... 

"No, let's do it ..." he said.

Then, this morning ... he had that smirk on his face while at his computer.  And he made some comment about him not really being sure about FB.  I told him that he's now attached to me ... that he can't just act like a crazy FB person *grin* (like THAT'S gonna stop him ... ).

I'm expecting our FB marriage to only last a few weeks ... and then me having to deal with a very public FB separation.  And my hubby being very entertained by it all *wink*.

So ... 

If you're a FB friend of mine here are a few things you should know ... 1) my hubby doesn't want FB friends ... again, annoying as anything b/c the whole purpose of FB is to have connections.  Whatever.  What am I going to do with him.   2)  because he's not wanting friends, please do not be offended if you haven't been "accepted".  My own mother is sitting in purgatory.  3) if, at any time in the future, my FB marital status changes - do NOT be alarmed *ughhh*.  This will be the way my hubby gets his entertainment from FB.  

What a ridiculous post this is ... 

And I am sitting in full running gear, runners and all, and it's now raining.  I really think it's time to move ... like, I'll live here from July - September ... and I'll be in Phoenix for the rest of the year.  You can come and visit ... 

Ok ... maybe I'll do the 55min Jillian workout instead ... gotta get my sweat on if I want my head cleared today ... 

Have a good one *wink*!

3 comments:

Cara said...

Scary how our hubbies are so similar in this. H thought that he would be able to somehow deny friend requests in a public manner therefore giving him sort of evil glee. I think I am his only friend and I don't dare say that we're married!! The others are, as you say, in purgatory. I can only imagine the inappropriate/humiliating comments he would make if he decided to be more prominent. Eek.

Shawna said...

Paul HATES FB -- with a passion....I can't believe you are married on FB - never thought that would happen ;)

Janean said...

OH MI...THAT TOTALLY MAKES ME WANT TO FRIEND REQUEST HIM LOL!