26 April 2011

[redhandedphotography: Kin & Kristy's Wedding ... Part II]

... what a morning.   Actually - looking at the clock, it's almost 10am here.  And I feel like it's afternoon already.  

Josiah woke up around 5:30am crying, coughing - well, more like seal-barking - panicked that he couldn't breathe.  I rushed outside with him, trying to calm him, get him breathing.  After about 15minutes or so, Lu came down fully dressed and took Siah to the hospital.

I tried to go back to sleep - it's going to be a long day here - but that wasn't happening.  So up I got ... serves me right for editing pics so late last night, I feel a wee bit exhausted.

Anyway - Siah was diagnosed with croup and was given a steroid.  He's now sitting on the couch munching on an apple, all tickity-boo.  I am so thankful he's ok ... nothing puts things into perspective like sick child.

And I'm heading off solo to a funeral in Vancouver today ... my "honorary" grandpa died this past weekend.  He lived a long, beautiful life - and I'm preparing myself with water-proof mascara for the afternoon's service.  Funerals are a strange thing ... in one way, it's exciting to see people that you haven't seen in a long time ... but then, there's the whole massive sad thing too ... 

On a completely other note, I have put up Part II of Kin and Kristy's wedding ... some of my favourite images of the entire day.  Stop by, if you have a chance by clicking HERE ... 


What else?  I haven't run since Friday's 10km.  My shins/ankles have been bothering me ... trying to be smart and not damage myself.  I'm certain that a few days off won't push me back too far.  I think I'll be ready for a good 10km tomorrow.  I had hoped to do 15km this week - but I think that just may be pushing it ... and if 10km feels tight, I'll bring it down to whatever it needs to be.  It's my last few days as a 30-something-cough-cough year old.  I'm no spring chicken anymore ... as many insist on reminding me now *grin*.  Gotta be smart if I want to be running a decade from now ... 

Plus, I think Sunday's stilettos may have done me in *grin*.  But hey - they were killer shoes *wink*.

Ok ... gotta run (not literally) ... so much to do, and I'm already wanting a nap ... 

Have a great one ... 

No comments: