03 November 2009

[redhandedphotography: Trashing the Dress]


I love looking at other photographer's work. There are some brilliant artists out there - who capture the most stunning images ...

I tend to look at sites that have a creative edge to them - with a new way of looking at the same ol' thing. It's one of the trickiest thing about taking photos - coming up with something fresh and new. Something that makes the client proud and say, "Hey - look how cool we look". *grin*
Upon my hunting one night, I came across this site. It's dedicated to "trashing the dress". Have you noticed this trend? Brides gallivanting in the ocean, jumping into swimming pools, lying in the hay in a barn???

I think it's pretty cool - but really - would YOU trash your wedding dress at the end of a photoshoot, just to capture a few trendy images??

Hmmm ... mine's in a box in the basement ...

2 comments:

Canadian Kristin said...

I think I'd buy a special dress just for the trashing pics! :-)

Elise said...

Some people just buy a old white dress, or value village hunt to find a dress for trash the dress! Craigslist is pretty good for them too!