12 October 2009

[biggest loser: Here We Go Again]


First off - HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!! Like my new blog title?? I did it about a million times before I realized it wasn't a big deal - and stuck with this one *grin* ...

I LOVE this holiday - and I love the food. But, it's a good thing I'm a white-meat-no-gravy kinda gal. BUT, I love mashed potatoes. So that's gonna have to be watched.

On Friday night, we had friends over for dinner. I tried out a new recipe (from that new cookbook) and it was crazy good. I made baked chicken, stuffed with herbed cheese, walnuts and shredded carrots. It's then rolled in breadcrumb and grated Parmesan cheese. Yum. Then, I diced up yams and potatoes and tossed them in Mrs. Dash and a little bit of flour. Cooked them on the stove with a little oil in the pan, until nice and crispy. And the veggies were mushrooms, zucchini and peppers sauteed in sherry.

Oh, how I LOVE to cook ... especially as it gets colder outside. I had the new Michael Buble CD playing, the food-smells creating, the kids playing ... and the laughter of fun with good friends. SERIOUSLY. Is there anything better???

Well - I was thinking about this weigh-in, and I knew that I would have to be EXTRA good on Saturday and Sunday if I didn't want to be completely horrified with myself. And - WHOO HOO - the numbers are DOWN. Phewf!

Today's weight: 156.6lbs Waist: 35.5inches Hips: 40inches

So - I'm down 1lb since last week, 1/2 inch around my waist (around my belly button, NOT the smallest part - which is just below my rib cage), and 1inchs of my hips!! My GOAL for next week is 155lbs, 35 inch waist and 39 inch hips.

Another week to keep on keepin' on. I think I can, I think I can, I think I can, I think I can ...

Have a great one!

3 comments:

Patti said...

Hey Tania,

I'm down too, but it came at a price....I'm sick. So I'm down, but I'd rather not be sick.

Julia said...

Good job Tania!!

I haven't been so great this week. Going away with the family somehow gave me the excuse to eat whatever I want. Even chocolate bars! I am home now, kids are back at school/kindy and I am back on track. I started my week with a gym workout which always helps too =)

Today I was 148lb no change from last week.

Canadian Kristin said...

Sounds like a great Thanksgiving, and such a great way to connect the Christmas boxes with teaching your boys about "being thankful"! Very cool!
Ummm....the dinner you made sounds divine! Good job on balancing family and food and fabulousness on the biggest loser front! :-)