22 December 2008

[talk: Let it Snow, Let it Snow, Let it Snow ...]

I'm not sure where you're from, but from where I'm from the last few days have been a bit of a surprise. Sure, I'm Canadian, but we don't get the snow like people think ... except for the last few days.


And they say it's still coming ... and even better, coming at night. So for the day, we have GLORIOUS sunshine and nothing, absolutely nothing, looks more fantastic than a fresh dump of the white stuff with the sun bouncing light off it.
But my poor hubby has shoveled the driveway 4 times in the last 24 hours *grin*. Awww, it's good for him *wink*.


Life doesn't stop around here because of the snow ... nope, we keep on keepin' on. Yesterday Mattias sang with his Sunday School class in church. Then we went out for lunch, and had some of our Corsican friends over for dinner *grin*. Well - they LIVE in Corsica ... for now, anyway.


Tonight we're off to my folk's place for our "pretend" Christmas Eve. We started this tradition a few years ago - with our lives getting so complicated with spouses and their families as well. So - we always have Christmas a little early with my parents. We have a fondue on "Christmas Eve", sleep over, have a BIG "Christmas" breakfast, open our stockings and then our presents.

Then our little family goes home to unpack our loot *grin* ... the boys have some quiet time and then we're off to my in-laws for my father-in-law's bday. Then it's Christmas Eve on the 24th at my house, Christmas Day at my sis-in-law & bro-in-laws ... then skating on the 26th. We have parties lined up on the 30th, my hubby's bday party at our house on the 31st (and a New Years party - who are we kidding ...) ... THEN it's Josiah and my mom-in-law's bday on January 1st ... so all the family, on both sides, come to our house.

I'm exhausted just thinking about it *grin*. BUT it's what happens every year ... 7 birthdays in 3 weeks in our family, plus Christmas celebrations. It is what it is - and we really do love it.

And then we're off to the slopes for a few days of RnR ... with Tias having his first set of skiing lessons. Can't WAIT for that ...

I've taken HUNDREDS of photos over the last couple of weeks ... with a few hundred more coming up, I'm sure. *SIGH*. SO much scrapbooking to do ... maybe while we're RnRing ...

If I don't get back here in the next day or so, I hope you and your family have the most GLORIOUS Christmas.

2 comments:

Lisa B. said...

Merry Christmas Tawn...I hope you and your boys have a wonderful day!

Yin said...

love the black & white shot! What a wonderful Christmas you had!