18 December 2008

[photos: Seeing the Lights]



Well ... we saw them *smile*. Despite the whipping wind and the snow, we bundled up and went to a nearby neighbourhood to see the Christmas lights. The boys were so flippin' cute in their coats, snowpants and boots. I tried to take as many pics as I could in the 20 minutes we were outside *grin*. You know me ... it's all about the documenting.

I was a little disappointed in the lights, though. The group of families who usually have their street alive with lights, well, their houses were bare. So - the ones we saw were just average ... a few moving-deers here and a few flashing lights there.

We were in a bit of a rush too - and the snowfall wasn't helping. We were on our way to my brother's house for my mom's birthday dinner. Otherwise, we would've kept looking for bigger and better lights to look at ... but the boys really don't know any different. And it was great to be with the family for the cozy night.

The whole evening was nice. And I said to my hubby, walking in the snow, "It's so strange to think that 3 years ago we went out looking at the lights, barely able to stand because of the grief. And today, we're laughing and throwing snow. And Josiah's here. Time really is a good thing."

And it is ... so, I ask you, are you using your time the way you really desire? Are you letting it heal wounds? Or fester bitterness? One thing I've learned over the last few years, is that bitterness only hurts you - and it's up to you to decide to make lemonade with the lemons you're given.

That doesn't mean that bad times don't require tears and screaming. Oh, they do. But at this time of year, it's a great point to begin again. To try again. To fall again, maybe - but to live this life that has been given to you. It truly IS a gift, and so much of it is a choice. SO much.

So - here are some pics of last night ... enjoy.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOVE the pictures Tania - and as always, your thoughts and observations blessed me again! Jxxoo

Anonymous said...

A very inspiring entry, Tania. Just what I needed today.