24 November 2008

[organize: Meal Planning]

I'm living proof that meal planning works.

If I don't know what I'm making for dinner by the time breakfast is over, I'm usually scrambling at 4pm DESPERATE to figure out what's going on the table. For me, meal planning isn't about coming up with ideas, but rather having the INGREDIENTS in the house. SO many times I have thought "oh, I'll make 'that'" only to discover I'm missing 3 key ingredients and then PANIC comes.

I have a little wipe-able calendar on the side of our fridge. On Saturday *works best for me, as I usually shop Sunday afternoons if I can* I take it off the fridge, scan the past couple of weeks for ideas, talk to the hubby about nights out or whatever, and then plan for the week ahead.

Since I've come back from the cruise, this has NOT happened and I've felt like a chicken with my head cut of ... wandering aimlessly around the kitchen. So, today *although it's Monday*, I have planned for the week and am feeling SO good about knowing what the plan is. Usually Monday nights are with the in-laws, but they're away so we're at home. And we usually plan to be with my parents as well sometime during the week ... maybe

This week?

Monday: Bacon Fritata with chopped veggie salad
Tuesday: Baked Sour Cream Chicken with steamed brown rice & peas.
Wednesday: Roasted Red Pepper Soup and chedder biscuits
Thursday: Homemade Chicken Fingers with egg noodles in Cheese sauce (not canned), veggies & dip.
Friday: **company coming over** Pork Tenderloin, roasted potatoes, onions, carrots & yams, salad
Saturday: Pizza

Now ... off to put away all of the baking supplies I bought today. I have a few "standards" that I like to make. And then tonight, another Digi Scrap class while the hubby plays hockey. HOPEFULLY it won't be too late of a night ... I'm hoping to get some of my OWN digiscrapping done. It's been waaaaaaaay too long.

*sigh*.

1 comment:

Vanessa said...

Hey, do you have a recipe for the bacon fritatta? I'd love to try it!