12 November 2008

[make & digiscrap: Ginger Snaps and Christmas Card Design]

I've been walking by the computer all day - with a cloud over my head (like the dreariness I see outside). I have nothing inspirational for you today *weak smile* because my boys ran me ragged after I helped at the preschool today and took Tias to swimming lessons. My eldest continued to tread on my last nerves as I was desperately trying to be patient and use the "teaching opportunities" laid before me. It seems that he was trying to be "cool" all day, talking back and rolling his eyes ... behaviour that makes my skin crawl.

The good news is that they are both in bed, with the opportunity to try again tomorrow. Hey wait a minute. I get that too *smile*. And maybe tomorrow we'll all be better at rising up to what's required of us. Here's to hopin' *grin*.
On a lighter note, I DID want to show you a little Christmas card I designed for a friend. It's also a "save the date" card and I came up with this. Gotta say, I was pretty proud of myself - but I'm sure it's been done before *grin*. She was happy and that's really what matters - and I got her permission to post it *wink*. As for OUR Christmas card - I won't be posting that one up until they're in the mail *grin*.

It's been a VERY long time since I shared a recipe with you and as the Christmas season is around the corner - I wanted to share with you the ABSOLUTE BEST cookie recipe I have. At least I think so *wink*. They are crunchy on the outside, chewy on the inside ... perfect with a hot drink and freeze perfectly.

Let me know if you love them as much as I do ...

Ginger Snaps
375 for 12-15 minutes
makes a few dozen, depending on cookie size.

3/4 cup margarine
1 cup white sugar
1/4 tsp salt
2tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp cloves
1 tsp ginger
**you'll also need a small dish of granulated sugar to roll the cookies in

Directions:

- cream sugar and margarine; add egg and molasses and cream well.
- sift dry ingredients together and add to the creamed mixture.
- roll into small balls
- dip the cookie balls into the bowl of sugar
- place on a cookie sheet and flatten with a fork

So go on, go make some. And me? I'm going down to the piano right now to take a few minutes of "me" time before I start digiscrapping while watching the hockey game *grin*. GOTTA love hockey.

Hope you have a fantabulous evening.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am in a cookie mindset Ms.Tania...did you read it? My mind? This recipe looks fantastic - I will make it this weekend and post my review!!! heehee...only if they are as great as I think they will be. Merry Christmas! YAY! J

Lisa B. said...

Love the card....sooo cute!

And thanks for the recipe...I love ginger!