Did you do something?? Wanna share?? We wanna know!! I'm hoping you didn't forget *wink* or are too shy to share *grin*. Come on ... let us in on it!
As for me - here are some of the things that I did, knowing that I'd be accountable. Gotta love positive peer pressure *grin*.
1. I donated to the Costco fund today - it went towards providing meals for a local inner city school who's students often come hungry to class. Here's a side-note, for those of you who know me and where I live: The cashier said our town is the LOWEST GIVING town in our province. She said it's embarrassing. I agree. They only asked for 2 dollars.
2. I watched a neighbour's child for them, and there's a story that goes along with this one - maybe I'll share it soon.
3. My husband and I felt led to give to an organization that is headed up by my aunt. Now - this isn't "doing something for someone you don't know" - but we still gave.
4. I paid for lunch while out with someone.
5. I sent a few encouraging emails to people for no real reason, other than to let them know they're loved.
6. I made an effort to talk with an elderly lady who was sharing a hospital room with my brother today. On a side note: He's doing well (appendix came out last night) - and will come home on Sunday, they think. And the lady? She was 90 years old and had an only daughter who was in a wheelchair with MS. Puts things into perspective, huh. Here I was trying to be a blessing to HER and she so encouraged ME.
SO - that was it. Not super impressive - but to those people, maybe it was. That's how I always think. The $2 to Costco may be a nuisance for us, but ask the child who receives breakfast how they feel about our gift. I bet you they'd be mighty happy someone showed they cared.
Ok. So, I'm waiting ... a little scared no one will post and I'll be left on my own. So don't leave me hanging ... *grin*.