17 July 2008

[talk: The Joys of Summer]

Where I live, summer doesn't last too long. You may get a run of 5 or 6 days of perfect, sunny weather - but you don't hold your breath for it. Going to bed with a clear, starry sky doesn't mean that there won't be rain in the morning.

But my family and I have been enjoying the HOT sun for the last 4 days - and are confident that it'll show up tomorrow in all of it's glory. Lathering up the SPF - and drinking so much bottled water my eyes begin to float - has been a really wonderful treat. Mattias has grown in confidence regarding swimming, Josiah now knows how to efficiently destroy a sand castle, my H has improved his golf swing, and I - well - I've actually read a few chapters of a fantastic read. But the greatest luxury - having someone else make my bed. Gotta love that.

Would love to show some pics - but my connection keeps timing out.

We're having a great time - you'll just have to take my word for it.

No comments: