14 July 2008

[make: Puffed Wheat Squares]

One of the reasons I'm doing this blog, is to somehow have a tangible venue to show that my day mattered. And it has done that for me - more than I thought. I'm already looking back at past posts to see what's been going on (sometimes life is such a blur) and I'm feeling productive and validated. Who'd of thunk?

I'm actually with my family in P and am sure to take a million photos over the next few days. SO - I thought I'd post a few of my latest digipages to make room for the upcoming ones. But the Internet is too slow 'round here and I keep timing out. So - no digi pages for a few days - unless I can figure out what the problem is. And who are we kidding - I'm not going to be spending time doing that when there's a glorious pool a few feet away *grin*.

Anyway - the numbers on the scale continue to go down **I can taste victory ... and a DQ chocolate cone if I think hard enough** and I'm finding that I have a lot of self control at this point. But today - just now - I was craving these. Thank goodness there isn't a kitchen around *wink*. But maybe you'll enjoy them instead.

Puffed Wheat Squares

1/3 cup butter
1/3 cup corn syrup
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 tbsp cocoa
1 tsp vanilla
6 cups puffed wheat

Directions

In a medium pot, simmer butter, corn syrup, brown sugar and cocoa. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Remove from heat and add vanilla. Pour over puffed wheat (in a large, separate bowl). Press evenly into a GREASED 9x13 (if you like them thinner) or 9x9 (if you like them thicker).

** Be sure to cut these when warm. After they set, they're a stinker to cut. Trust me.**

No comments: