04 July 2008

[Digiscrap: Turning 4 Already]

I cannot believe that it's been 4 years since our eldest was born. In some ways, it seems as though he's been here forever, and in other ways the time has flown. When I think, "if we do that over again, he's 8" I'm liable to panic *smile*. Mattias is such a sweet boy who loves to put both hands on my face, look into my eyes and say, "Mummy - I love you so much". Yes, little girls, beWARE. He's got the moves that melt already.

So as I start planning his birthday, I've found myself feeling a teeny bit stressed. It seems to me that the last 3 birthdays have all been practice runs for this one. Four is important. I don't know why I think that, but I do. So - I'm a month ahead and planning his cake, games, decorations and such. He's asked for a "Car" theme ... and yes, Lightening McQueen. I had wanted to take my GF's advice and do a general car-theme - but we'll see. She had a couple of great ideas for a cake, so I'm planning, planning, planning. I LOVE doing things like this, but it's the unknown that scares me. Once I do it, I'll be alright for the next 10 years or so. Fingers crossed.

Here's the invite I created last night ... I like how it turned out. I'll upload them to Costco as 5x7s. It's still cheaper than buying cards ... and you KNOW how I love to digiscrap *grin*.


And as for life, in general, today we are off to Mattias' first "real" swimming lessons in a private class of 4. So, I'm sure to add a few hundred photos to my growing collection. And I FINISHED my Dad's New York "Thank You" album. SIXTY PAGES (30 2-page layouts). Of course, I needed to make a copy for myself ... the cost? *drumroll* $170.00 per book (one for me, one for him). But it's so worth it ... I can't wait to give it to my Dad - I'm hoping he'll love it. And as soon as I do, I'll be sure to share it with you *wink*.



4 comments:

Shawna said...

So fun - Invites have taken on a whole new meaning with digi-scrapping!

I can't believe Mattias is 4 - wow, it seems like yesterday we were visiting you and your new addition!

And yikes $170.00 for the NY memory book - but I'm sure it was SO worth it!

Anonymous said...

That's a really great invite, if I never need some I know where to go :D How much would you charge :)

Anyways .. sorry about your pictures not being chosen. They don't know good photography when they see it.

- Jodi

Anonymous said...

Tania,
LOVE your invite for Mattias's birthday! I do mine on photoshop now too (except that it isn't working on our computer right now but we will get it working soon hopefully!).
Lovin your blog!
Annika

devan said...

So tania....I know where to go for my future b-day invitations! :) Woot!