20 June 2008

[Make: Pork Tenderloin]

I was over for dinner at a friend's house, and she made the BEST pork tenderloin EVER. I asked for the recipe and this is what she gave me. I've made it at least 100 times since *grin* - and people always ask for the recipe. So I'm "paying it forward".

Enjoy.

Pork Tenderloin Marinade - serves 4*
* I usually double it for extra sauce

1/4 cup soy sauce
2 tbsp dry sherry
2 tbsp vegetable oil
1 tbsp brown sugar
1 tbsp grated fresh ginger (I store mine in the freezer)
1 tsp liquid honey
1 garlic clove, crushed
1 pound pork tenderloin

Directions:

Place ingredients in a large plastic bag after combining well in a bowl. Add pork. Marinate at least 20 minutes ( I usually marinate for an hour or so ...)

For BBQ: place on greased BBQ, grilled over med/high heat. Close lid and cook for 25-30 minutes (or until 150F), turning and basting. Remove from grill and let rest (core temp needs to reach 160F). Slice into 1/2 inch slices.

For oven: place pork in a baking dish with all of the marinade. Bake at 375F uncovered for 10 minutes, and then covered for an additional 40-50 minutes. This won't try out because it's covered - so check pork temp before removing (150F). Let rest (to 160F). Cut into 1/2 inch slices.

2 comments:

Amanda said...

Welcome to the wonderful world of blogging Tawn! I wish that Jordan liked Pork so I could try your recipe but he doesn't :(

I have invited you to view my blog (mine is privatized) so if you are logged in you are able to see it.

Look forward to reading your happenings!

Rhonda.M said...

Hi Tawn!
I'm glad to see you blogging. You are very talented, and this is a great avenue to inspire others.
Recipes recommended by friends are always a bonus! I honestly don't really enjoy cooking,(maybe it's actually the planning/deciding what to cook?!?!) so anytime I can get a recipe off a friend, I'm a happy girl.
Looking forward to seeing more of your scrap work....